Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

john deere 35D wont start

bert from spence · 2024-09-03 10:05

I have a 35D mini excavator, it wont start. It has power at the dashboard but no buzzer sounds. Thers is no clicking like solenoids and the starter doesn't crank. any suggestions?

Replies12
  1. #1SLK0012024-09-03 10:10

    Battery voltage?

  2. #2bert from spence2024-09-03 10:15

    12.6 v

  3. #3SLK0012024-09-03 19:13

    Measured where? What does the SERVICE screen say the voltage is?

  4. #4bert from spence2024-09-05 11:00

    I have enough power at the starter because I can jump the starter and it cranks the motor over. My problem seems to be from the key to the starter. I plan on checking the solenoids if I can find them. Or maybe a safety switch is bad. Any suggestions on where they may be.

  5. #5hitmix3002024-09-05 12:41

    hydraulic safety switch (pilot lock) on left arm rest circuit working properly?

  6. #6SLK0012024-09-06 12:54

    This should throw a "red engine with a diagonal line thru it" icon on the display (provided it has a display).

  7. #7aardquark2024-09-08 19:58

    I had a similar issue. See this post:

  8. #8Famos_902024-09-09 05:35

    Check the hydraulic safety switch (pilot lock) on the left armrest first, as it can prevent the machine from starting if it’s not functioning properly. Also, inspect the wiring between the key switch and starter, particularly the X3 connector under the cab, as issues here can cause starting problems.

  9. #9bert from spence2024-09-26 10:07

    I found a loose wire in the starter switch. Thanks for the help

  10. #10Simon C2024-09-27 00:01

    Thanks for at least letting all know what the simple fix was. Simon C

  11. #11GR85832024-11-13 13:57

    Hey Bert, how did you access the starter? I can't even see it!!

  12. #12BC Placer gold2024-11-13 18:50

    Cab tilts….(35D & 50D)