Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skid Steer Tire Size.

Kenskip1 ยท 2024-08-31 18:26

OK, I am not the sharpest bulb on the tree however this joint may have a valid answer to my question. I have seen many skid steers and many of them have smaller tires on the rear or the front. I am aware that the tires are joined buy a single chain drive final, but with the different tire sizes wouldn't this change the gearing on the finals and possibly damage it? Or could this be because the owner is to lazy to move the tires from one position to the other. Thanks Ken

Replies3
  1. #1MG842024-08-31 22:20

    This. There is no good reason someone should be running different size tires on a skid steer, ignorance, laziness, cheapness, take your pick....

  2. #2Kenskip12024-08-31 22:27

    MG84, Thank you for your reply. From my point of view it simply looks bad. It tells me that someone does not care for there equipment. I am not trying to be sarcastic however, it simply tells me something about the owner.

  3. #3KSSS2024-09-01 09:47

    I can't imagine how that would even operate. I have never seen anyone do that.