Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

john deere 4 cyl diesel

dyedfuel2 ยท 2014-08-06 23:39

I got a 550 g dozer that the rear counterbalance shaft bearing spun in the bore.I am interested if anyone has had one repaired if so what was the cost and did jd have an oversize bushing or am i just wasting my time with this idea?:usa

Replies2
  1. #1ANDREW C2014-08-07 00:17

    As far as I can tell deere doesn't list a over-sized bushing for the balance shafts. I suppose its do-able but you probably need to find another supplier for the bearings and a machine shop to do it. We generally would put a short/ long block in it but its usually a cost/ downtime thing.

  2. #2lantraxco2014-08-07 03:08

    Could maybe have a sleeve made and shrunk/loctited into place after line boring oversize. Only if you have a talented engine machine shop close by.