Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John deere 4 cylinder diesel

Burner ยท 2014-08-03 22:45

Need help identifying this John deere engine casting number Jd382a612 A15u Thanks Burner

Replies5
  1. #1ANDREW C2014-08-04 00:39

    Can you give some more info. For example what machine its in, its serial number. Any pictures, anymore block numbers or a serial number?

  2. #2Burner2014-08-04 22:50

    John deere identification Engine is in a replacement engine in a Michigan c16 crane original engine was a two cyl gm diesel Bosses are blank only numbers I found are the casting # under the starter Clutch is stuck soaked clutch down today with penetrating oil if clutch frees up I will know if motor is locked up if motor is locked then I will free it up or find a replacement motor or rebuild this one Have pictures but don't know how to send them

  3. #3ANDREW C2014-08-04 22:54

    Heres how to put up pictures. A little different but it works.

  4. #4willie592014-08-04 23:12

    Every Deere engine I've seen has an ID tag on the side of the block with a number like 4239DXXXXX, meaning a 4 cylinder 239 cubic inch built in Debuque Iowa followed by engine build info. I doubt you'd be able to find the info you're looking for from a casting number on a Deere engine.

  5. #5ANDREW C2014-08-05 08:03

    Thats what Im thinking but there was a deere 382 but I think its lawn and garden stuff but the casting number that will make sense is the block part number. That will be RExxxxxx. Pictures will help though. Or a serial number would be better