Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatso HM300 Art. Truck: pros and cons???

profrooky ยท 2014-08-04 23:30

Hi: We are looking at purchasing an older Komatsu 30 ton articulated truck to use in an Operator school. It won't see a lot of hours/year and fairly light duty. Just looking for any feedback from owner, Techs or operators that have experience with these trucks. Positive or negative. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1John C.2014-08-06 21:20

    Look for leaks on the planet gear pins on each end of each axle. Komatsu doesn't use the usual cover and the pins are sealed with O ring that leak externally. That is the biggest issue I've seen with them so far.

  2. #2DJK2014-08-06 22:13

    I haven't seen anything overly common with them, other than what john c stated.. I personally haven't run one, I've moved them around for repair purpose but that's about it, however operators I talk to like them better than same vintage of competition due to ride quality.

  3. #3max s2014-08-07 21:20

    The tranny's oil is used to cool down the wet disc brakes on the front and rear axle.Problem is, when the o-ring of the duocone seal in the brake housing fail, the tranny's oil go into the planetary gear case and sometimes it's enough to make the transmission pump to cavitate, which will burn out shortly after that. Also, there is no brake at all on the rear axle, so the tiny drive shaft splines (slip joint) worn out fast.

  4. #4profrooky2014-08-08 02:27

    Thanks for the heads up Heard it might have been in a flood Makes me wonder what the wiring is like Going to check it out next week

  5. #5nmouadili2024-11-14 06:59

    Hello , I m looking for KUMATSU DUMP CAN bus tram DBC file for intercepting trams from ECM