I’m very new to backhoes, I got a older 400 not a 410 John Deere. I have been fixing issues here and there but ran into one I don’t see any info on. I have a leak around on the rear bucket controllers and don’t know how to go about this issue.
Welcome to the forums Supramk3man. I had the same leak on my 310. It was leaking out the top and bottom of the spool valve which is what you have pictured. The spool is just the cylinder rod that moves up and down and there are one or more types of seals on both ends that prevent the oil from pushing out. Looks like they have a rubber boot on that valve that prevents the dirt from getting in. Looks to be missing on yours. I found what I think is the backhoe on your 400. They have a valve for each function and there are certain differences in each. I'm not sure if this is the right one for the one leaking, but I'm pretty sure the seals are all the same at least they were on my 310. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc...JT04sNTU1MDojQ0FUQUxPRyw2NzI4NzpFUVVJUE1FTlRd The spools can come out without removing the valve body, but I wouldn't want to replace them on the tractor. Too much dirt around and too much standing on your head. You can get get the part numbers for your seals and see if you can obtain them from ebay or the dealer. Sometimes you can find old JD stock from ebay and a much cheaper price.
Welcome HEF Supramk3man !