Got a thumb on my "Baby backhoe" on my Jubilee tractor. I have decided to put one on the front end loader that I recently finished installing on the Jubilee. I had to repair the top of the 60+ year old bucket. Getting ready to drill some holes and get the thumb mounted. Got to replace the valves on the loader because they leak internally. Bought a three spool valve from Surplus Center to handle the thumb.
This looks good...be sure to keep us up to date on how it all comes together and how it works. I debated (with others in this forum) on getting two of them to put on my front loader on my NH675Eon my backhoe.
I know you don't have this option, but I like using these better. You can see what you are doing through the slots.
These look like a simple low cost solution if you can easily add a spool valve to operate it. Why drill holes when you have a welder?
Sure, you can scarf off welds but since it is pre-drilled now the OP can move it, take it to a different machine with a rattle gun.
Those are nice, but way more expensive. If I was doing trash pich-up for a living then yes, but this is just for around my own property. And bolting it because I am always open for another tractor if the price is right -haha
Update on "The Thumb". I suffered a serious case of the "Old and Blonde" syndrome on this job. Looked at several pictures of these mounted on other tractors and thought I had it right in my mind. I was WRONG! I should have put it all together first and checked the fit on MY BUCKET. See whats happens when common sense takes a vacation.
At least you didn't weld it on ! It looks to be a super handy attachment. After you remount tho !
My buddy said " It should work great for big logs". Ha ha Thanks alot "buddy"!
Think a big log would be a bit much for a Jube. A big log would give my 3600 a workout. Saw your post on yt, then came here for some Case 580b info and here you are! I'm reslls there.
My buddy was trying to inject a little humor in my misery. haha
Reminds me of the time dad put the ring gear on the wrong side on the Gibson D2. He goes to back out of the carport and it goes forward. Lightbulb goes off and he puts it in 1 and backs out, then shifts to 3 and backs all over the farm weaving and bobbing and laughing, then back to the carport and take it back apart. it's good to laugh at yourself.