Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 4045

Aust 1 · 2024-06-26 20:28

I have a customer with a woodsman 12x and it has a 4045 series 2 (stanadine ) fuel system in it. it has been butchered and I have been asked to look at it. no start turns over good cca, new battery. Sus on ecu as it has been butcherd as well and lid siliconed back on however is putting out 8-9v to solenoid. Wires from ecu to fuel pump has been cut and a emergency stop has been placed in line which is now removed. Wire were soldered back to where they were now no start. sus on fuel pump solenoid feel that it has failed due to the hacking and impact from who ever was butcvhering this machine. Check out pics looks like fuel metering valve/ solenoid has been hit. - 8-9v to solenoid fuel metering on pump stanadyne de10 from ecu/ ecm when ign on - healthy 12v to ecu/ ecm - fuel up to fuel pump ok - no smoke exh I am not really wanting to change out pump until sure but fingers are pointing to it. Any thoughts or suggestions , experiences please. Additional does anyone know where to find schematics on the woodsman chipper 12x all wiring has been butcherd too.

Replies4
  1. #1Aust 12024-06-26 20:41

    has coped a big hit. I believe the operator was tapping it like a start solenoid

  2. #2Tyler d4c2024-06-26 20:57

    Take that pump off and put a old school rotory pump in its place and make your own wiring up for the engine. I'm assuming it has a stand alone auto feed set up (the chippers I ever messed with did)

  3. #3Diesel Dave2024-06-26 22:51

    You don’t measure typical voltage at the injection pump solenoid connections. It is a pulse width modulated circuit. I suspect there are issues with the injection pump AND the ECU. Double check the ECU harness for unswitched power, switched power and ground. .

  4. #4mg23612024-06-27 06:30

    Codes? If it has a DE10, then there should be a display capable of reading codes.