Hey guys it is a 76-78 410 I have tried going forward and backwards, I lift the back off the ground worked the leveler by hand while moving the tires back and forward. I decide to take the top plate off the rear end to see if I could see anything. So here is where I am not sure what to be looking for or everything looks ok? The fluid is clean it is just reflecting the yellow of the cab.
Differential locks don't usually stop a tractor from moving. If they are on, the tractor would be difficult to turn. Are you sure it is going into gear ?
Sorry if I explained incorrectly. It moves fine but turning is the issue due to the rear lock being stuck engaged.
No Problem. Have you checked and lubed all of the linkages ? There are a lot of them. Is the pedal up all the way from the cab floor ? Check the shaft at item #12 and see if the arm is rotating the shaft. Click on the image and it will enlarge itself.
The diagrams I have found show my setup to be different
Sorry for the confusion. I mistakenly looked up a 410D.
No problems thanks for the reply
Is the lever in a fixed position or can you move it back and forth ? There could be a sheared key at either end of the shaft that moves the fork. The problem should be obvious once you take a look at the fork and lock.
It moves up and down and feels like the spring is doing it’s job. How can I get to for the fork
I'm don't know anything about John Deere differential locks. But no matter what brand the differential is, the locks all work in the same manner. mg 2361 will hopefully read this thread and tell you what to do. To me it looks like something is missing in your differential.
They're not all the same, JD makes some hydraulic dif locks that are a wet brake instead of a sliding collar, and the pedal is a valve instead of a linkage. But the mechanical ones that are sliding collar are all very similar. I don't see anything resembling a diff lock in that picture, it might be on the right side of the differential in that picture, like these pictures:' https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=167219&DisplayType=flat&setCookie=1 You can see there's not much to them. If the spring acts on the shift fork directly, then you can tell the fork is moving by the spring action if there are no other springs on the linkage, but the fork could have broken out of the collar theoretically, or the diff lock could be engaging and disengaging correctly, and the diff is just failed for another reason. If you have a helper to wiggle the wheels while they're lifted off the ground slightly, you should see movement of the diff housing, maybe the pinion gears, and the one axle inside, and the other axle as that wheel turns. The minute movements of those might suggest what's locked up. If MG sees this, he might need a serial number, or it will at least make it easier.
The picture in Delmer's link is exactly what you have.
Pedal works up and down fine, can see the rod rotating
I'm sorry man...