Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 310J Backhoe no electrical power past starter except to horn.

Kannap2 ยท 2022-08-14 15:36

I have a 2011 John Deere 310J Backhoe. Machine was operating fine.Took a lunch break and when I returned I tried turning ignition key to the first position (not start) allowing the glow plugs and computer to do its thing) lights came on for a split second on display, heard a click and then display went completely blank. No power to ignition switch. Changed ignition relay, no help. I'm not getting power at the relay either. New battery, no help. I have 13 volts at starter. Checked all fuses I could locate and all are good. ECU fuse on engine is good. Is there a fuse-able link or another fuse / relay somewhere not easily visible? Stumped. Any help would be appreciated. The only thing that works is the horn!

Replies5
  1. #1JL Sargent2022-08-14 17:26

    Our JD experts may need your Serial # to help. Post that if you can.

  2. #2Kannap22022-08-14 17:38

    Thank you, just found the problem.

  3. #3jimg9842022-08-14 20:33

    thanks for sharing

  4. #4mekanik2022-08-14 21:11

    What did you find??

  5. #5Kannap22023-09-22 07:11

    Not sure. Changed the Ignition relay and the 10 amp fuse and cleaned a bunch of wires. Figured it was the 10 amp fuse. It didn't look blown but figured I'd change it after the ignition relay didn't fix it. Changed fuse, got in cab and it started. Unfortunately I don't know what fixed it. Had the same problem a year later (yesterday) Changed the fuse and ignition relay but it didn't help. Pressed on brake pedal a couple times and gas pedal and the accessory panel lit up, albeit with a bunch of unusual lights. Started machine and it ran fine. Would love to find a service manual that would aid in my electrical troubleshooting.