Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 410 K

Fisher5 · 2022-01-03 08:00

Good Morning Has anybody have some good info on this machine or have one they are useing.Thinking of buying a good used one Have been a case guy for a long time but have other john deere equipment and happy with them, Any info would be great help Thanks for your help

Replies9
  1. #1Steve Favia2022-01-03 14:46

    Ran mostly John Deere most of my career 710B 510C 410B,C,G combination’s 892,792,690,590,225 Excavators I’m sure I forgot a few really good hoes.

  2. #2Canadian_digger2022-01-03 20:51

    Is it a tier 3 or tier 4? I don’t know from personal experience but have hear the 410k with the interim tier 4 engines are not the greatest. I have owned lot of J and now have L models all with tier 3 engines and for the most part have served me well.

  3. #3Fisher52022-01-04 07:48

    Morning Thanks for the reply Looks like what I can find on internet that its tier 4 ,Maybe somebody will chime in to put some insight on this . Thanks again Helping a friend out who has no internet and he looking at purcahseing one

  4. #4Fisher52022-01-06 14:26

    On John deere backhoes I notice a Self leveling rod/return dig rod I think it called Goed from loader arm at cab to linkage on cylinder that tilts bucket.I noticed it on newer ones also Seems a bit old fashioned for this day and age.Does it work ok any problems with it.Seems like that something could happen to that or something fall on it .Would welcome some comments on this Thanks

  5. #5Delmer2022-01-08 10:05

    That's a fairly stout rod on JD, anything that would damage that rod could mess up your hydraulic lines also and that would really slow you down.

  6. #6Canadian_digger2022-01-11 19:45

    Never had any problems with it.

  7. #7Willie B2022-01-11 20:00

    My JD 410 C it was non functional. I had two Case 580K with magnetic sensors, non functionals. Latest 580 SN: I dearly wish it was non functional. The@#$$%^&() thing sticks, and I panic to overpower it. I so much prefer it let me control bucket curl. Actually, I think the hanging control rod on both the Case 580K & the JD 410C are about not allowing the bucket to dump on the operator when lifting high. None have worked.

  8. #8AzIron2022-01-12 00:36

    K series was tier 4 interim is were tier 3 and l are 4 final with def K are pretty stout Structurally deere didn't change much from the j to the l series mainly emissions and electronics As far as the anti spill rod goes deere still runs it and its completely mechanical that's a 30 year old design dont fix it if it ain't broke

  9. #9Fisher52022-01-12 19:03

    Thanks very much for the replies Lots of good advice