I bought a 1980 John Deere 410 backhoe about a week ago with a broke loader hydraulic line. I replaced the line but now the loader controls don't work right. Where can I find a diagram on how the hoses are suppose to be hooked up to the control valves and the cylinders? Thanks in advance
You had one line broke, and you replaced that one line, and now the loader doesn't work? I don't think it's the loader valve or the line causing the problem. I think the priority valve or the system pressure is the issue, the priority valve cuts off oil to the loader when the pressure drops, in order to preserve steering and brakes. Does the backhoe work and steering work? Maybe explain a little better what exactly the loader controls are doing. You need to do some searching and/or get a service manual.
The back hoe works fine the power steering works. I think someone had already been into messing with the hoses on the loader. All I need is a diagram of what hoses go where on the loader control valve.
It also had some of the hoses unhooked when I got it so I'm just trying to make sure they are all hooked up right before I continue trying to fix it
You only have 4 hoses going to the loader, easy enough to sort them into 2 pairs. If you have one wobble stick on the control valve, then backward lifts the loader, forward lowers, left tilts the bucket back, right dumps. Compare the plumbing on the backhoes spools to see which side of the valve is activated when the spool is moved each way. I tried to remember, and then think it out, but you'll have to take a look yourself.