Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 410B fuel issue

Newt ยท 2014-03-10 07:11

I have a 410B John Deere that has a fuel issue, thought it was transfer pump bypassed with electric pump, ran for a little bit then would shut off and die out would not rev up and would barely idle, I think it might be the fuel shut off solenoid on pump, is there any way to bypass or remove shutoff to see if that fixes problem. Thanks Newt

Replies1
  1. #1Delmer2014-03-10 09:13

    Not that I know of, not easily at least. That sounds like classic fuel starvation, usually a solenoid is either off or on, not much in between. But my expertise on old Deeres ends where the injection pump starts... Look at the directions I posted in the JCB 210s fuel thread about a dozen down in the backhoe forum. That will tell you how to use the transfer pump to see what the fuel pressure is when it dies. I'm guessing you have a blockage between the transfer pump and the tank, maybe the screen inside the tank, a collapsed hose, plugged up fitting etc. If using the transfer pump tells you there's a vacuum then you know where to start looking.