We have a Case 580B with transmission trouble. I have read lots of helpful info on this site and was wandering if someone could help me. I am trying to separate the T-tube from the manual transmission gear box. I can move the t- tube forward over an inch and then that’s it what am I missing?
I am working on trying to get what I am calling the torque tube or it might be called the shuttle trans seprated from the manual trans. I have rolled the motor and front axle forward out of the way and have the steering colum out. I have removed all the bolts holding the two together. When I try to seperate them I can only pull the shuttle trans forward about an inch then it hangs up on the output shaft of the manual trans. Is there something I am missing or is it just stuck on the shaft and I should use a bigger pry bar.
roebm, had mine apart back in Nov. Don't remember any problem getting them apart. I did mine the other way, trans. off the torque tube then transmission jack and took out the torque tube. With the front cover plate off the trans, you should be able to see anything hanging it up. You had to take that cover off to remove the bolts coming back from the trans into the torque tube. Jamby
Thanks for your reply. After seveal days, I finally got fed up and cut the input shaft into. After disassembling the shuttle trans I found the end of the shaft was mushroomed out, it would have never came apart.