Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John deere 410c backhoe spool valve

Ronn ยท 2019-05-28 07:33

I been searching for a kit to replace the seals on the backhoe control valve with no luck. Is there some terminology that I'm missing? Ive been searching with keywords like deere "410c backhoe control valve spool seal kit" there is a kit that keeps popping up on amazon but its for a diiferent tractor. Thanks in advance.

Replies6
  1. #1mg23612019-05-29 05:51
  2. #2Ronn2019-05-29 20:18

    Thank you, how did you find that?

  3. #3Ronn2019-05-29 22:55

    Thanks again! I found the parts, the first seal kit was around 30 bucks, and the spool seal kit is around 120 bucks. My only reason for needing the seal kits is because I want to change the deere controls over to cat controls, and the procedure (which I think you gave me) has you swap spools and relief valves, then hoses, but it says to replace the seals. My question is do these kits have everything for all the spools in the backhoe control valve or is it only 1 spool per kit? Thanks a bunch

  4. #4Delmer2019-05-30 01:31

    Go to jdparts.com, they'll usually be some indication of what parts are in the kit.

  5. #5mg23612019-05-30 04:34

    Kit "A" should be for the whole control valve and kit "B" would be for individual spools (1 kit per section) which would not include o-ring's for between the sections. If you look up the parts at https://partscatalog.deere.com (shown below) the parts listing there will show the "A's" and "B's".

  6. #6thepumpguysc2019-05-30 05:18

    That "trips my trigger" when they don't include everything to do the job.!!! Even the simplest of things, like a gasket or oring.. WHY.?? U go get a thermostat for your car/truck, get home & theres NO GASKET.. U go get a fuel pump/supply pump for your car/truck, get home & theres no gasket.. But a GOOD parts guy will tell u.. BUT those are hard to find anymore. They even do it in fuel injection.. MOST of the kits don't have the mounting gaskets OR the inlet & outlet fuel line gaskets.. or the turbo line gaskets.. & don't get me started on INJECTORS.. they don't even SHOW the parts or part #'s FOR the return or bottom gaskets.. They SAY, that's an engine part.. HOW could it be an engine part when it goes on YOUR injector.?? I feel horrible telling a customer, I'm sorry but you'll have to go to JD or Perkins to get the rest of your parts.!!