Good morning I have a 1987 John Deere 410c backhoe. The trans fluid is somehow ending up in my hydraulic tank . It's my understanding they are two separate systems. Any help would be appreciated thx Mike
I have a 1989 310c and I believe there are 3 separate hydraulic systems 1 is for the shuttle and torque converter 2 is for the transaxel and brakes.3 is for the front end loader,backhoe and steering.I,m not sure how they could cross contaminate one another.
There are John Deeres where there is one fluid that does transmission, and ALL hydraulics. I don't know the 410 to know for sure. If you have a separate hydraulic tank, with a separate fill and dipstick from the transmission fill and dipstick, then you have different systems. You have a mechanical differential lock, right? not a hydraulic valve to control the differential lock? What supplies the oil for the brakes? that's got to be it, leaking brake seals.
Which is overfilling? The reverser or the transaxle? The 410C uses the transaxle oil as the hydraulic reservoir. I assume it is your reverser that is filling up? If so check to see if your oil cooler is aluminum or steel. If it is aluminum then you may have a bad oil cooler. Internally there is a baffle that can fail and transfer oil from the transaxle to the reverser. The updated cooler is steel (except on units with air conditioning). You could possibly test the cooler by removing the lines and capping off the end of one circuit (trans or hyd), apply air pressure (10-20 psi) to the other end and see if air comes out of the the cooler side that is open. Or you could send it to a radiator shop to be tested.
Thanks mg2361. Flcnj, you can ignore my previous answer.
I want to thank everyone for the replies to my dilemma. Mg2361 I am going to try and bypass the oil cooler this weekend I will let you know thank you again