Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580k brake problems

Brandon_M · 2018-11-02 23:42

Got a 580k phase 1, lost the pressure on the brake pedals. Wasn’t putting any fluid to anything. Well changed out both master cylinders & pumped the pedals & now putting fluid out of what looks like breathers where brake systems are. Any help please

Replies7
  1. #1Tinkerer2018-11-03 09:06

    Did you bleed the air out of the system ? Did you use Case TCH Fluid for the refill ? Did you adjust the push rod to piston clearance to specs.?

  2. #2Brandon_M2018-11-03 10:40

    Can’t bleed the air cause when you push the pedals fluid comes out the breather looking things I’m talking about. As far as tch fluid goes no I didn’t. The cap on the master cylinders said dot 3 brake fluid

  3. #3Tinkerer2018-11-03 11:16

    The 580sk service manual specifies TCH. I think the sk brakes and K series brakes are identical. Read an experts (sheepsfoot) help in this thread. HeavyEquipmentForums Are the cylinders assembled correctly ?

  4. #4Brandon_M2018-11-03 12:27

    Never mind, I’m sorry yes we did use TCH fluid for the brakes. But besides it’s putting fluid out, when you pump the pedals it puts fluid out of breathers back on the rear end where the brake assembly is. I’m assuming the master cylinders are assembled correctly they was bought brand new

  5. #5Tinkerer2018-11-03 17:30

    Do you have the service manual for it ? Hopefully Alrman or Coy will read this and advise you. I cannot go beyond the basics with it. You may find this an interesting read ---> http://case580kbackhoe.com/

  6. #6alrman2018-11-04 15:40

    I can only guess @Brandon_M that the oil would be leaking out from the brake slave cylinders - with the green boot on top of them? There are no "breathers" If so, they need to be removed & also be resealed - particularly so if any dot 3 was ever used in the past......

  7. #7Brandon_M2018-11-05 17:41

    Thanks for the help alrman. Sorry if I’m misleading on things as I’m speaking from my dad relaying a message as I’m confined to a wheelchair after a accident in late March, I can’t really see what’s going on under the machine. I’ll check on replacement parts for the slave cylinders now. Thanks Brandon