Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 450B Teeth

redneckracin ยท 2013-03-03 12:05

Fellas, Anyone have any opinions on putting tiger teeth on a 450b? I have some new teeth (U16086) and shanks that are pretty wide (about 3" or so) that Could be put on.I'm planning on digging a shale bank back about 25' and thought a tiger tooth would dig better but I wasn't sure how well they would hold up on a track loader.

Replies4
  1. #1OMF2013-03-04 00:49

    That looks like the same shank and tooth that were on the JD555 I ran way back when. Had no problems with them then, but only used them in clay....hard and frozen variety.

  2. #2redneckracin2013-03-04 15:39

    hey stocker, how did they work out? I figured a tiger tooth would dig much much easier than that flat spade would.

  3. #3OMF2013-03-05 20:59

    The ones I had on worked just fine. I think weather or not it would work depends on the angle that the shank holds the tooth compared to the bottom surface of the bucket.....

  4. #4redneckracin2013-03-06 15:28

    I was thinking that I could get the most aggressive teeth possible to make the digging go easier being that its a fairly older machine. New teeth will make a huge difference compared to the rounded out stubs that are on there now. I just was not sure if the tiger's were available or would take the breakout force in a crawler application without snapping off. I know larger hoe's run them with no problem but Im pretty sure they have a different attachment style than my little crawler does.