Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 450G tracks

raju3088 ยท 2009-01-05 09:27

I am going to replace my whole under carraige on the dozer. I currently have a dry system on my dozer. Should i go back with wet or dry pins?

Replies4
  1. #1EZ TRBO2009-01-05 09:36

    All the time I remember changing tracks out we went with SAL tracks. Usually replaced after 4000 to 5000 hours on the TD-15C's. We were in as much dirt and clay as we were rock. Never had an issue with them, thats just my 2cents. Trbo

  2. #2raju30882009-01-05 16:00

    whats the down side to SALT tracks other than initial cost?

  3. #3NWH2009-01-05 16:29

    I have run both types of tracks on a 450G & H john deere. I like the SALT or lubed tracks much better. No squeeling and squeeking when run in dry dusty conditions and the tractor seems to have more power. The only drawback I have seen is running them on a LGP machine because of the problem of seal leaking on the tracks from the twisting caused by the wider pads. On a standard track machine the track life is much greater.

  4. #4John C.2009-01-05 21:03

    SALT track chains don't stretch so you have to measure the bushings to see when it is time to turn them. The problem is the bushings get worn through before the rails and now you end up throwing away a bunch of life left on the rails. The system will work well but you have to be knowledgeable on your maintenance or it will cost you more and give you more headaches than the old standard sealed tracks. The 4,000 to 5,000 hours stated by EZ Turbo on a TD15C is very unlikely to happen on a Deere of your size. I haven't seen a Deere undercarriage on those machines yet get to 2,500 hours. If you want to learn more about undercarriage, check out this site. http://www.constructioncentric.com/forum/YaBB.pl Good Luck!