Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 450G trunion

djbilbrey · 2024-05-21 19:41

I have a John Deer 450g that I am needing help with the trunion. This dozer is not LGP or WT. I cannot find the old style weld in trunion, gussets and bushing. I need either helping finding this style of parts or a way to put the new style. Whether changing c frame or whatever. Have tried broken tractor and several other companies but can't find anything.

Replies2
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-05-21 23:28

    Welcome to HEF djbilbrey . I’m not sure if Deere still offers the old style parts for the blade and c-frame connection. For sure they have parts for the conversion to new style. Don’t know what’s available aftermarket.

  2. #2Steve Austin2024-05-25 14:12

    Having installed several of the new style conversion kits here are some pointers. The new kit is very durable and long lasting when installed correctly. If you go with a new kit, be sure to get a copy of installation instructions, used to be with kit but make sure it is included. I prefer to install these kits with C frame still on the dozer, i just put dozer up on blocks for better access some overhead welding will be requires for this process. If you decide to remove C frame, make sure to weld bracing across the push arms near rear pivot points if not all the welding will distort the frame and make reinstalling on dozer difficult. I have noticed the new design makes blade operation smoother I do not know of any aftermarket kit, but they may be some available.