Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 450H showing f497 code

Channing · 2022-08-19 14:44

Any help would be appreciated!! I have a JD 450 H that keeps throwing f497 code. It may do it sitting still or majority of the time when I get in a big push. I may run good for an hour the go to limp mode for a few minutes until code clears. I drain and flushed my tank. There was some trash in my tank that I could see but didn’t look just horrible. Changed both filters and used fuel from jugs and not my transfer tank just in case trash was coming from it. Dozer ran good for about an hour and then code started showing up again!! Any suggestions??

Replies2
  1. #1mg23612022-08-20 05:45

    Serial Number? F497 - Increased Resistance Or Inductance Detected In Fuel Injection Circuit You could have issues with the wires to the injection pump, issues with the pump itself, or a faulty ECU. And, don't try to measure voltage at the injection pump. It is a Pulse Width Circuit, so standard voltage checking does not work. Service Advisor software is needed to diagnose this issue, so you may have to call your dealer.

  2. #2Channing2022-08-20 07:33

    Thank you for the help!