Hey members! I searched the forums for cylinder rebuild kits for my D5C iii and couldn't find any numbers on them. I am needing the rebuild kits for the lift cylinders (#1412915/7J9223) and the angle cylinders (#1363156/9J8698). I am assuming these #'s are correct. The angle cylinders are either 3" ID or 3.5" The OD for the angle cylinders is 3.59" I checked out this bulldozer unit before buying it and found no cylinders leaking. Well after changing the hydraulic filters (who knows how long this unit has been sitting? It only has 3300 hrs on it) and cycling the cylinders, three of them started leaking. The only thing I can think of is that the filters were so far plugged that it restricted the pressure to the system and once correct pressure was achieved, the dried out seals couldn't handle it. I haven't cut the filters open yet but may need to. Any help is appreciated!
Looked up 7J-9223 and there are 3 different seal kits. The price ranges from $108 to $125. Seal kit part #'s for 7J-9223 246-5914 246-5917 246-5918 Seal kit part number for 9J-8698 is 7X-2752 and runs $61 + tax locally. There are several configurations and I have a limited version of SIS so the parts will need to be verified to fit via your serial #. Nige or one of other members can help you out further with a serial #. Just giving you an idea of cost.
The kits for the two lift cylinder part numbers you listed (141-2915/7J-9223) are different, so identifying which cylinder you actually have on your machine is important. Look close to the rod end of the cylinder for a metal tag with the cylinder part number on it. 141-2915 Cylinder - 246-5914 Kit 7J-9223 Cylinder - 246-5917 Kit Same comment applies to the angling cylinders 136-3156/9J-8698. 136-3156 Cylinder - 246-5914 Kit 9J-8698 Cylinder - 246-5917 Kit
Thanks so much for your response. This, I hope, will help me keep costs down. Have a great day!!
So I went out and checked the numbers on the cylinders. The lifts were both the same-141-2915. The angles were not the numbers noted. Their # is 139-0548. I'm assuming a different kit number for these. ( I had to read the numbers upside down with a mirror. The 5 may be a six but I think its right)
You are correct. The Kit for a 139-0548 cylinder is 246-5913.