PVC works fine at start up. Light is flashing normal. As it warms up the light goes dim and eventually shuts off at which point I loose all hydraulic power. If I shut off the key, shut off the master switch and then restart it will work fine for a short period of time and then do the same thing. Engine controller flashes code 54 when the PVC light goes out.
Welcome to HEF JCB353 ! Is it the top, or bottom controller you are checking? I would be checking the voltage and grounds for the PVC, especially when the issue is happening. Double check your flash. Code 54 does not exist. Make sure the flashing LED you are checking is from the bottom controller.
When the Bottom controller (PVC) light is out, the top controller (engine) flashes 5 followed by 4 repeatedly. I find it strange that after a quick power cycle the light comes back on unless it is a failure inside the PVC. All fuses are ok although the 1 amp #7 fuse did blow recently. Found wires on the engine speed sensor were bare & corroded. Replaced the sensor and fuse. Also had a resistor replaced inside the PVC that was burnt. That circuit is only drawing 0.02 amps now and all fuses are staying good. I checked resistance of the new resistor again to make sure it didn’t burn again and tested at 15 ohms. Wondering if that is the wrong resistor or possibly another issue was missed during the repair?
The PVC light going out is an issue. Ignore the engine controller light. The 5 on the engine controller means signal from the PVC was lost. That means there is a short in the 5 volt reference circuit somewhere, either a sensor or a wire. When the short happens, even if the fuse does not blow, the PVC will shut down. If it is the "white/gray" colored resistor (looking into the controller with the LED in the top right corner, the resistor would be the one in the bottom right corner, labelled R1 on the circuit board), the spec for that resistor is supposed to be 10 ohm/4 watt. You are not just losing a power or ground, are you?
It is that rectangular white resistor. The old one was burnt so I don’t know what it looked like originally. I don’t believe the speed sensor is related to the resistor as the schematic shows it going to the engine controller. So there could be a short somewhere causing the PVC to shut down. I just found it strange that the PVC runs fine for about 15 minutes then the light goes dim for a period of time before shutting off and then a master switch cycle brings it back on to dim. Complete cool down period brings it back to bright. What sensors are linked to the the 1 amp #7 fuse? Will the PVC light turn back on immediately after the short is removed or does it require a power cycle?
All the sensors on the machine except the engine speed sensor. If voltage source and grounds to the PVC are good, then I would be suspecting a bad PVC. If a 5 volt reference wire or sensor were shorted to ground, then I would think the LED would either go out, or stay on solid, not dim. Maybe @LACHAU could shed some light on this.
Replaced the PVC. Light now stays on and flashes normal but still losing hydraulic flow after several minutes of running. Found the pump angle sensor was shorting where the wires go into its casing. Could wiggle the wires and supply voltage would fluctuate from 0-5 volts. Could also hear the pump changing sound while wiggling the wires. Ordered a new sensor. Hopefully this is the last issue. Appreciate your feedback. I will update once the new sensor is installed.
Glad to hear it. That angle sensor may have done in that old PVC. Let me know if you need the angle sensor adjustment procedure. That is critical to machine operation.
I believe so too. If you could provide the proper procedure that would be great. I found it on another thread before but can’t seem to find it now. Thank you!
Check your messages.
Hi mg I have a jd 490E with charging problems The alternator resistor R1 part 4191772 is open and I'm trying to get a resistance value for it I know that it's a 10 watt wire wound but I cannot measure or read the value I'm hoping you can help I'm told to address you as Deere God and you would surely answer my prayers Thanks joe
Did the angel sensor fix the problem
Did the angel sensor fix the problem
Sorry for the late response. The angle sensor did fix the problem. Machine ran fine until the end of the summer. Now it will not stroke up the pump unless engine speed is at idle.