Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

120v Switch for 12/24v

JDCrow · 2023-08-22 19:33

Back in the day we had a foot pedal switch in one of our trucks for the Jake. I’ve also ran machines with same switch for breakers. I’m wanting to add the same to ex120-2 for the breaker. My thumb has lost feeling in the tip pressing switch on joystick. Is it as simple as choosing a leg on the (hot/neutral) switch for the circuit? Thanks for any help

Replies7
  1. #1Vetech632023-08-22 19:36
  2. #2JDCrow2023-08-22 19:51

    Which leg would you choose? LOL

  3. #3Tyler d4c2023-08-22 20:49

    Is this the switch your after

  4. #4JDCrow2023-08-22 21:15

    Yeah I bought that one 120v model line master

  5. #50072023-08-22 21:19

    There is no problem using a 120V switch on 12/24V circuits. But to be a success you need to look at how much current is flowing and if it is and inductive load that might cause sparking across the contacts. Generally speaking high voltage switches like the ones in the picture above will have a small micro switch in them and you have to take the load off the switch by fitting a relay between the switch and the controlled load.

  6. #6JDCrow2023-08-22 21:43

    Ok I’ll tear into the switch and see thanks!

  7. #7heymccall2023-08-22 21:45

    Connect the two wires from the joystick button to any foot pedal. I'd bet the house that the current in the existing button is less than an amp.