Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John deere 510b hydric system chatters

Daniel Hartman ยท 2020-05-16 01:51

I just bought a john Deere 510 backhoe, when you operate the controls the hydric system chatters and jerks , I have checked the suction screen, it was clean, checked the screen in the priority valve, it was clean, changes the hydric filter and reverser filter. Still chatter any one ran into this before?

Replies2
  1. #1mg23612020-05-16 06:07

    Welcome to HEF Daniel ! Most chatter complaints are from air in the system. Does it go away after running it several minutes? Try starting it in the morning and let idle for 10 minutes then move a function. Does it still chatter? Has the hose clamps on the suction line been checked for tightness? Is the suction line collapsed on the inside? Might want to replace it. Do you have leaky cylinders that could draw air into them? If you have gauges or know someone with gauges what is the charge pressure? What is the charge pressure at idle while raising the loader boom?

  2. #2Daniel Hartman2020-05-17 15:08

    No the chattering dose not go away after running and working the back hoe and loader, I have ran it for over an hour still the same , I have however found that the de-strock solenoid was stuck and not operating, I have ordered a new one which will be in this week I'll let you know after I change it. I have checked the suction line and it appears to be in good condition. Have not taken any pressure readings yet