Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 510D help

Benbrady44 · 2024-05-26 20:29

Hello, I recently bought a John Deere 510D that I believe is either late 70s or early 80s, the serial reads 510D 339090T. I only have experience working on ag equipment so I have some questions. The brakes work but when I push both pedals the pedal sort of goes to the floor and then a split second later and the pedals push my feet back and the brakes engage, is that normal? Also it seems to roll when it’s in park, is that normal too? I don’t think it is but I could be wrong. Any advice appreciated. Thanks. Ben

Replies2
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-05-27 11:19

    Welcome to HEF Ben . I would suggest to try bleeding the brakes. The procedure is for a similar vintage 570A motor grader with the same brake valve. See screenshot below. .

  2. #2mg23612024-05-28 04:51

    Hi Ben, It is actually a straight 510, not a 510D. The "D" in the serial denotes engine and transmission type.