Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 540B Skidder Engine Model

Simon C ยท 2021-10-14 23:11

Product Identification Number- DW540BC501870 Skidder 83 This is the information on the totally legible tag on Machine.. There is no tags on engine. Looking for Engine model, List of filters, and types of oils that go into the different compartments. Just in process of buying this unit. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Simon C

Replies6
  1. #1heymccall2021-10-15 00:22

    Introduction

  2. #2Simon C2021-10-15 00:44

    Thanks so much heymcall. This will get me going for a while. much appreciated. Simon C

  3. #3mg23612021-10-15 12:21

    The engine S/N 618245.

  4. #4Simon C2021-10-15 14:01

    Wonder why you could find the engine serial number and the dealer parts guy couldnt with the machine serial number I gave him. Thank so much for your diligence. Now I can start the search for some parts i need. Simon C

  5. #5heymccall2021-10-15 15:53

    All my deere parts lookups are here... https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/search

  6. #6Simon C2021-10-15 19:48

    Thanks heymccall. Mg2361 let me know what my serial number was. Now I can start to look for parts with a serial number. Much appreciated. Simon C