I have a 544B in my shop, the hydraulic loader pump has stripped the splines in the shaft coming through the charge pump I have not been any farther in these than where I am at can the shaft be removed without pulling the transmission. Thanks in advance.
No. If my memory serves me (what day is it..?.. ), I think the shaft comes out the torque converter side. So the TC would need to be removed (actually disassembled to be remove). See item #1 in the illustration which I believe is no longer available through Deere.
thank you for the reply I do not see an illustration but I do have one in my service manual. the manual says to remove the unit. so your saying it is possible to remove it in place by removing the torque converter between the engine and transmission
You did not see the illustration because dummy me forgot to upload it . I think it could be done. Remember the torque converter does not come out assembled. It has to be disassembled to remove. I just don't remember if there is anything else blocking that shaft from coming out. Hey, what's the worst that can happen, if you can't get it out then you still can remove the transmission. I would see first if you can get a shaft before doing all that work.
LMAO
I will attempt to remove the torque converter today see what it looks like. I talked to john deere they say it is not available Found some online that I am waiting to hear back on. I see a lot of reman units online one would think that the shaft is available being a common fail point.
I have everything out of the way and the rear cover removed. so to verify the torque converter needs to come out piece by piece or complete.
Piece by piece. See attachments.
Is that an allison TT or TRT trans?
I believe Deere used TT2000 and TT3000 transmissions in the old "B" series Wheel Loaders.
The shaft he needs to remove may be very hard to find, we had the same problem on a forklift. Same trans used on older airport pushbacks. Didnt use that splined hole, may be an option for parts. TRT2421 IIRC.