Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

john deere 544j wont start

colesautoparts · 2014-12-20 17:25

I have have 544j with 5000 hrs never had wrench on it except routine service did crank an operate as it should..Two days ago it shut down.Instrument cluster flashed stop an oil pressure guage flashed a red light. Read code of 100.4 which is eng oil sensor circuit open or short. Now will crank wont start lights flashing.Does jd 544j have a shutdown failsafe protection an can it be cleared by anyone other than john deere? Any help would be appreciated

Replies3
  1. #1John colonna2022-11-16 18:10

    I’m having the same problem what did you do to repair it

  2. #2heymccall2022-11-16 18:37

    Not that I have an answer, but.....serial number is necessary as the 544J loaders have two different engines. Early with pencil injectors and late with common rail injection.

  3. #3mg23612022-11-17 05:30

    Welcome to HEF John ! Serial number of the machine please. Same problem as in the 100.04 code AND not starting? More specifics please.