Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 210C Operating Weight

DPO5966 ยท 2014-12-21 10:49

Hey guys I am new here and I want to say thanks for letting me become a member! My question is I am looking at a small older backhoe for sale. It is a 1988 John Deere 210C 4x4 enclosed cab. All the spec websites I look at online say it weighs 10,500 LBS but I feel like that is probably for an open ROPS and 2x4 machine. So I just wanted to see if anyone knew what the machine I am looking at would actually weigh? It will be a determining factor in buying it based off what size truck/trailer I need to move it on. Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!:usa

Replies6
  1. #1AllDodge2014-12-21 12:02

    Not knowing for sure I'll proved this. My CAT 416C weights from 13900 to a max of 21800 lb. This takes into effect of options such as extend-a-hoe, outriggers, 4x4, enclosed cab and other things. If the JD 210C minimum weight is 10500 then add another 5000 for 4x4 and cab. This way you can be safer at hauling the equipment. You don't want to be on the minimum edge of hauling something.

  2. #2Catback2014-12-21 12:13

    Op. wt. of the 4x4 is 10,500 lbs. This weight may include the erops...if not add accordingly. I don't believe the 210 has an option of extend a hoe. The other weight considerations can be bucket size (and make), tire size, and whether they are filled or not. I believe the 10,500 max op. wt. includes all options...it is the max. op. wt.

  3. #3jimg9842014-12-21 12:44

    this maybe helpful for other information http://www.tractordata.com/industrial-tractors/000/0/0/5-john-deere-210c.html

  4. #4mitch5042014-12-22 00:55

    According to an old brochure I have, that 10,500 is with a 3 point hitch, not a backhoe. 16,000 with hoe

  5. #5I AM IRONMAN2014-12-22 02:32

    This spec sheet shows it at 11,100 with ROPS, but I would guess closser to 12,500 lbs with cab Courtesy of Murphy Tractor, excellent information if you have one of these units! http://murphyused.com/images/specs/1.pdf

  6. #6DPO59662014-12-24 12:42

    Thank you guys for all your help, greatly appreciated! Have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year!!