Got a new demo on the job anyone else use one of these on a road job ? We use komatsu 270s or cat 938s. I must say the John Deere has a cooled seat and a comfortable cab. Looking for some feedback before we agree to keep one. My operators hate it for some reason I love it.
I has several loaders Everything breaks, but Deere sucks 3 544GTC... No real complaints 1 TC54H... ride control never, ever controlled the ride, ate pinion bearings, and the transmission was electrically possessed. 2 544J... Steering would go into hyperoscillate. (Took months to resolve) Brakes would go to all or nothing after 2 hours of operation. (Had to add axle coolers) 544k... One software update had decimal in wrong place for air inlet restriction. Took 15 months to get update. It spent 5 months out of service due to "exhaust gas out of range". Deere in lawsuits over who "owns" the software that the machines need to operate. And, for those of you lucky enough to be in Murphy Tractor territory, check parts pricing. Murphy is between 10 and 18% higher than suggested list on every part that I've ever priced, save for filters. So, yeah, no Deere.
Makes sense when our dozers break due to regen issues no one can touch them but Deere and it’s never a good process thanks will stick with komatsu or cat