Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo L35B pro

hawk281 ยท 2021-07-24 03:45

Would anyone have a electrical diagram of the starting system for a L35B? Had a electrical issue on starter. Replaced starter and thought I got the wires correct. But there is no neutral. Once the machine starts and you put it in gear neutral goes away. Also the machine has intermittent joy stick control power. Like the electrical buttons not hydraulic control. Thank you Jeremy

Replies2
  1. #1funwithfuel2021-07-24 08:08

    having a hard time understanding exactly what you're describing. Hope this helps.

  2. #2hawk2812021-09-07 07:15

    Hello funwithfuel Sorry I missed seeing your reply sooner. I am back to working on the L35.what has happened is the machine has lost neutral since I replaced the starter. The machine starts in reverse but will only crank in forward and what should be neutral. Once the machine is running it is in reverse move shifter to neutral but still in reverse move to forward position it goes into forward. Bring back to neutral still in forward. Bring lever back to reverse it shifts to reverse but them neutral is reverse until you cycle to forward then neutral is forward. It also has been a fertilizer loading machine so it has major corrosion issues it has been in the fertilizer loading for about 3 years. I am slowly finding all the corrosion issues. Before I replaced the starter forward reverse neutral all worked fine. I had to of broken a wire or hooked up a wire on the starter incorrectly. Witch I can not see how since there is only 3 wires to the big lug and 2 small wires to the selinode. I tried to switch around the exciter wire with the other small wire put the small wire with the exciter rather then on its own terminal made no difference. There is not really any other way to connect the wires. Unless there was another wire that I did not see that has broken off and needs exciter power to energize trans controller while cranking. Thank you for reading this I know your shaking your head about now saying what the hell is this guy talking about lol. Sorry I have retype this reply about 5 times now trying to make it make sense.