I bought a John Deere 550E, I am not sure of year, but my issue is, my transmission hydraulic pressure gage is pointing to low pressure " red area of gage" and when I try to pushing something, like a small tree or dirt, the tracks just stop moving. When I cold start the dozer, it gets quite some pressure, "if I rev it up" the pressure gage goes on the green area, and I can push a whole lot of stuff, tress and so on. But as soon as it warms up, I loose so much power going to the tracks, I can only move the dozer. We already Changed te transmission oil and filter and put the Reccomended oil into the tranny. Still no difference. So I'm not sure if it's the power shift or the transmission pump is worn out or what? The dozer only has 3078 hours on it. See I should be able to stall out the motor if I push something too much but sadly it doesn't do that. It just stops moving. Thanks,
No replies yet.