Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 550g dozer: Issue with control valve

690elc ยท 2024-07-23 14:59

Could someone help me with fixing a leak from the top end of one of the spools? Its leaking at a good rate from under the boot. Can you repair this from the top without removing the valve? the valve performs fine and all functions on the 3 way blade and ripper hold. Alternately anyone on the west coast central california to recommend for the valve rebuild? Thanks! video link

Replies4
  1. #1Dave Neubert2024-07-23 15:19

    It depends you have to drop spool enough to replace o ring

  2. #2690elc2024-07-23 17:16

    So it sounds like you may as well pull it out and do them all...

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-07-23 22:30

    Might depend on how much trouble it is to remove the complete valve(s). I need to pull the articulation valve back off the grader to find out what's wrong with it. Kind of a pain but my biggest issue is I don't want lose another 40 litres of oil like the 1st time I removed it. I'll make sure all the hose caps are tight when install them on the loose hoses.

  4. #4690elc2024-07-24 15:52

    Since the valve is only leaking out of the top of the spool shaft and all other functions are good, Perhaps just doing the seals and o ring on the top of the spool would be adequate. Opinions?