So, this is the story. I hope you smarter people can help. I have this early model 550H with 4400 hours on it, machine is basically virgin, 2nd owner kind of a cream puff. Anyway it always had a F3N4 code but ran straight and nice so I left it until I had some oil leaks on the left drive motor at the shift spool. I took the spool out and the Orings basically disintegrated so I replaced the Oring set up on both sides. after i got done. the machine would run straight until I pulled the speed lever to about 2, then the right track would slow down enough to mis track to the right. I then went to try to calibrate which failed because of my wheel sensor. Next I put in a right-side wheel sensor in and now it runs straight and I have no leeks. I do notice that the machine is not as fast in 3 position. I ran through the computer and made sure everything is set on medium and tried to calibrate but it's still not taking. It pushes fine it seems and is straight, but the display says( !CAL) Should i be concerned? Is it stuck in Cal mode? will it hurt it? Why is it running slower? why won't it calibrate? 550H sn 876990 thanks Jason.
Welcome to HEF JMUCM . It is running slower because the calibration wasn’t completed. At what point during the calibration process does it fail to continue.
Right about step 21 or 22 right before you run it full speed for 200 yards
thanks Dave, it's nice to have showed up.
21. Push NEXT button. Controller window will scroll SAVE then ForL. Check Diagnostic Trouble Code Light will be FLASHING. NOTE: NOTE: Remaining portion of calibration will be done while driving the machine on level ground with enough room to accelerate to full speed for approximately 46—61 m (150—200 ft.). Machine can be moved to open area without failing calibration. It may take a longer driving distance in ether forward or reverse to reach maximum ground . . Can you get fully past #21 and does the controller scroll from SAVE then to ForL ?
i can not, thats where it fails, the trouble code doesnt flash
Maybe @mg2361 can help with this one.
Let's ignore the code light for now. The last step it completes is the FNR lever For? And it is not completing FNR Lever Rev? Any codes in the controller window at this point?
I went through the point at where engine was running top speed park brake lever up fwd lever and running for 3 minutes both fwd and reverse then it wouldn’t go to next proceedure
I was reading on “accessing trans controller rate of speed “ and says it won’t calibrate if under 1900 rpm
there are no codes
Did it complete the forward 3 minute, then fail after the reverse 3 minute? Try it again with the machine off the ground so the tracks are free to turn. I always calibrate this way rather than ground running.
It didn't get to that point and i accomplish all of this when its on blocks. on step 20 were it says "service light should stop flashing" is were it wouldn't go any further. I never got to the point to where the tracks are moving.
I'll run through the calibration process again this week to give you a more accurate description of what's going on
Please do. When you reply, do not mention what step you are in. There are 2 different procedures for your serial number, and they are slightly different. Describe the last step completed and exactly where the procedure fails.
ok, just ran and tried calibration again. At step 29, instead of the PARK displaying it now has a red status light and F3A8 and F3E8 are displayed. Notes: It looks like the tracks are moving at full speed now No service light flashes from step 9-29 during proceedure.
I am not concerned about the service light so long as the controller window keeps prompting you to the next step. These codes indicate that the target speed of the motor output shaft reached speed with a low pump input current (mAmp) reading. This is usually due to the opposite side motor sticking at minimum angle (high speed) swash position. Tracking control is active during this high speed portion of calibration. This will cause the side that is functioning normally to not calibrate within the specified command range. F3A8 and F3E8 codes are indicating the left side is getting to speed too quickly then the right hand motor control is stuck at minimum angle position. Swap the two motor solenoids (complete valve) from right to left and see if codes reverse or change to the opposite side. If the 2 codes change to F3C8 and F3D8, then replace the solenoid valve. If the code does not change, then we'll deal with it then.
just to confirm that you are talking about the shifting spools. correct?
Great news, switched shifting spools and solenoids and it passed calibration. I can’t thank you enough. This is awesome.