Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 550 G

BernieBraun ยท 2023-06-12 07:44

JD 550 G shifting from forward to reverse with out shifter moving? Anyone else have this problem?

Replies6
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-06-12 09:44

    Welcome to HEF Bernie . IIRC, there is no detent mechanism on the transmission control valve directional spool. I suspect there is a bunch of loose joints and excess play in the directional control linkage. Link to the control breakdown from Deere parts page. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/77456/referrer/navigation/pgId/77212337

  2. #2Diesel Dave2023-06-12 10:30

    Screenshots of transmission controls adjustment procedure. . .

  3. #3BernieBraun2023-06-12 14:08

    thanks I will check this out.

  4. #4BernieBraun2023-08-27 19:01

    turns out it was the brake engaging because of sloppy linkage. Thanks for your help

  5. #5Steve Austin2023-08-28 00:18

    FYI there is a directional selector bellcrank that has small ball bearings in it that caused this problem also. Deere provided a kit to correct this problem in early SR# and put it in production in later SR# if problem returns I can send you pictures and part numbers.

  6. #6BernieBraun2023-08-28 08:25

    thank you.