Any of yall guys own or used one of the new deere 605c Track loaders? I've operated a cat 939 a few times and this new deere is in the same size class but it seems that it would have many advantages seence the motors in the rear. I do residential graeding and clearing and this machine looks like its perfect for residential work! Do yall think my 29500gvw international 4900 single axle dump truck with a 230hp dt466, would be able to pull it alright? I think the loader ways around 11 ton. http://www.deere.com/en_US/cfd/construction/deere_const/crawlers/605C_crawlerloader_general.html http://www.cottrelldumptrucks.com/International/607069.JPG
For the size of the machine this little unit is pretty sweet. I had the opportunity to run one a couple of months ago. What's nice is that you can order it with either a v-pattern transmission control or a joystick control that controls all direction movement including steering. The other nice thing about this unit is that all of the power train (engine, pumps, motors, undercarriage, track frame etc) is straight from the 650J. I think the truck that you mention would pull it just fine. That combo will make a nice package for smaller grading work. :thumbsup
Hey farm boy i realy apriciate the reply. Do you think i would be able to get buy pulling that loader on a 10 ton trailer? The trailer has 2 10ton dexter oil bathed axles under it.
At 23.6K operating weight if the trailer has two 10k axles and you have 4k weight transfer onto the truck you would barely be making weights. 20% weight transfer is high but might be possible. A 4n1 bucket, approximately 500lbs, would put overweight, as would most any other options/attachments. You would much better off with 12 ton trailer, maybe even a 15 ton if you get a quick hitch and a couple attachments. If you get a 605 you could always find a private scale somewhere to check your weights and if it doesn't work out you can buy a new trailer then. Everyone likes to use what they have, but its not always possible.
yeh i dont ever travel on the interstate so i dont have to wory about going threw the weigh stations, im just worried about the dot guys pulling me over and checking!
I just realized i kinda forgot the weight of the trailer in my little math problem. so you would be about 6k overweight.
looks smaller than my 455e
I have wanted to try one of those out for a while, they look like nice little machines. Just wonder how they would perform against a large CTL? Is the 605C all Deere or is it a derivative of Leibher?
well my buddies dad has one but i havent got to try it out yet. His dad told me streight up that it would run circles around his old cat 943. I realy like it at want to try it out before i persue one. Ive seen how much hes done on it one day and i was extremely surprised. Im dying to try it out thats why i was asking yall for yalls opinions on this form.
Well they say it is based off of the 650j tractor, kinda makes me believe it is all deere. About time they are back in the crawler loader game. 450's and 455's in my area were the go to machines in the 70s and 80's. my father started his business in 1978 with a 350b and a backhoe attachment, 3 crawler loaders later we now have a 1985 455e and he is very very happy with it, nice to see a decent sized upgrade is now available, anyone know when this machine was unvailed?
I went to see it when the diller got the first one back in the summer of 07. So they must have been released in summer of 07! ther bad *ss machines!
As for Deere getting back in the hilift-trackie-track loader game, the 605 is only the begining. http://www.deere.com/en_US/cfd/construction/deere_const/newsroom/2008/081117_liebherr.html Their are gonna do design-build of the 655 and 755 in house starting in 2010. The 950 and 1050 will still be of Liebherr stock and i'm pretty sure Liebherr will still rebadge the 700 for sale on other continents. I wanna see a 855D to compete with 973D, but the odds are low.
Mmmmmm the little baby 605C. She is a sexy little beast. I have asked around with a couple companies that own them and they are great little tractors. Yeah the 605 is ALL DEERE. Which is probably why its the best track loader they sell. If you sit in one you will instantly love it. I climbed in and I couldn't believe the visibility, granted I was sitting in a 973A at the time. I was bit on the joystick steer but got to spend some time in 2 different joystick steer loaders a 963D and a 755D and I hated it both times. I find I tend to curl my wrist to get around the joystick so turning right really pains the wrist. It's nicer for working around houses, manholes etc. but not quite for me. If you like to sit low in the cab, you wont have this problem. The 855D.... will never happen. There are very few 973's out there compared to 53's and 63's. And if you knew all the problems with the 973C's Cat has had you would understand why anyone would be leary to build another machine that size. Sureway has a dozen 973C's now and all but 2 or 3 were down at one time last year. From pump drives, to engines, to final drives. They are plagued with problems. But they are also the coolest freakin track loader you'll ever run. It's like a GTO Judge track loader. BIG... LOUD and the coolest one on the block, Just not easy on fuel.
I think Cat is aware of the issues with the 973C -- especially considering they sell so few -- and the 973D is supposed to take care of them. You could argue that because Cat had some serious issues with the 973C in all its forms, that a competitor might want to get in to capitalize on Cat's failure to deliver a good product.
Oh Cat knows about the major issues. I was rold by a Cat rep that if a 973C makes it to 1000hrs without any major issues like a motor mount, pump drive, drive motor or hydraulic pump.... they are a good loader and will survive. I don't know if that was a joke. But I know a certain 973C that was bought new in 2007 and only has 1600hrs on it, while its 6 siblings that were bought with it are all between 3000 and 5000hrs already. A lot of the problems withthe 73C Cat has fixed now. The final drives were solved, pump drives were solved for the most part. Drive motors were contamination from the pump drive. The low oil pressure deal wasn't solved the software was just tweaked in the SMS. The engine mount seems to only be one loader, and the hydraulic pump was rare as well. But if Deere wanted to try out a competitor for the 973, they have a lot of work on their hands. Yeah they have issues but they are still an amazing loader.
605C is Liebherr built, uses 650J Powertrain.
Hi i was wondering if you ever bought the Deere 605C and the international and how they are doing for you. I was thinking about a Deere 605c and want to know what you think about them.
Its nothing to with liebherr besides the frame. The rest is deere. Deere built this puppy. They (i think) do go down the same assembly line thoe. Lie-deere. I mean liebherr used to make a 641 size loader. Forgot how is compares to a 73? If Deere brought back a 855 size loader they better go ball out. It would be cool to see but its not all to likely. As far as comparing a ctl to a 605. The 605 has more low end and a bigger cab but thats it. what the ctl lacks in size in makes up for in speed.
There is a 641 at our RB auction coming up. I am sneaking out either today or tommorrow to play around with it again. It originally sold in dec. 08 and then sat until sometime last summer. Now I see its up for sale again. Maybe it will start this time since its not -20 out. :drinkup
I had the chance to run one a while back but didn't get to much stick time. Felt like it had tons of power just a little on the slow side. It would be awesome to see a deere version of it today. Did you say ya'lls loaders and couplers and forks burnout?
NOOOOOOOO...lol I hate couplers on track loaders. I have a bucket and thats all I need. I have enough work to do with just the bucket. If they bring me a machine with forks... I'll bury em.
couplers HAHA your screwed now burny boy, thats gonna be the new trend, crawler loaders with couplers, standard setup, sidedump, forks too. Your gonna be working now pal!:drinkup
We inherited some track loaders with couplers 953/63's from another company.... not one of our 73's have one yet. Thus far I haven't stepped foot in anything but our 73's on jobsites. so.... maybe not.
You need to go and look at the metal plate where the serial number is. The 605, 655, 755, 950 and 1050 are made by Liebherr but have Deere engines. Deere was to start production of their own crawlers this year but I think they still have plenty in stock. Liebherr is selling the 614 (605), 624 (655), 634 (755), 744 (950) and 754 (1050) now in the US. How many and where are the million dollar questions.
Sureway didn't buy out MAP did they? I remember seeing a 963 with forks on it and a spoon. It wouldn't surprise me if some of our water and sewer outfits would start doing that they don't use spoons yet but I have seen Tailleau Construction using 977's and 973's to help throw sand in the ditch.
Is it possible to get V shift?
Nope no MAP buyout.... can't buyout the mafia lol. IGL has disappeared into the Sureway Group of Companies. The 63's with the Q/A's can stay with someone else. I will stick with my bare 73. MAP does have some 63's and both of their 73's have Q/A's... and once again they can keep them.
Lol oh yeah I forgot they bought IGL. Is Streamline still around? I remember a friend of mine who worked for Raywalt for like five years up and quit and went to Streamline.
Yep Streamline is still kickin, just bought some nice iron too. I have a few friends over there, seems like a decent company to work for.