Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 605C with 4045T engine

muddog1975 ยท 2022-03-29 23:44

Hello, I have a question. I have a customer with either a blown head gasket or cracked head. I have never worked on this brand or model machine and My question is this..... I am unsure if the engine is required to be pulled from the machine or can it be done in the machine( it would be really tight)? I ask this because after reading (looking for torque specs..ETC.) a free online manual, it said that certain models of machines require the engine to be pulled. But I can't find a definite answer either way. Just looking for some real world experience/ wisdom on this. Thank you in advance for any ifo/response. Take care.

Replies6
  1. #1mg23612022-03-30 05:37

    Have not had the pleasure of doing one of those. They are tight. I would think removal of the cab would give plenty of access without pulling an engine.

  2. #2muddog19752022-03-30 08:29

    Thank you, I agree it would be alot easier to do that way. I believe that the cab is hinged and may can be tilted back. I might look into that also. Thanks again for your response/help

  3. #3Tinkerer2022-04-02 09:17

    I have the Power Tech 4045 service manual if you need it.

  4. #4muddog19752022-04-02 09:23

    That would be great. Thank you Sir.

  5. #5Tinkerer2022-04-02 10:20

    Send me your email address in a PM and I will send you an invitation to my Google Drive.

  6. #6muddog19752022-04-04 21:13

    Update, just checked with local JD dealer and the said cab assembly has to come off. To perform a head gasket or head replacement.