I have a 6230 tractor that I'm working on and last week I got a code for a "communication error for turbo actuator" in the ECU. A liitle history. First I have all the JD work shop manuals for diagnostic and service and CTM's for other components, and have gone through the step by step for the most part outlined in the trouble shooting operation and tests. The machine has approx 2,100 hrs and is maintained and serviced in house on regular basis. I recieved a few updated D-tac bullitens on this, but no help. Last week I removed the hood and moved the controller out of the way so I could check harness and connector wires, connectors and terminals were all tested and were good, then checked wire diagram and checked grounds and signal wires. All were ok, then I went into the DTI and performed harness test, and it came back ok, I checked for the problem of certain models with rusted VGT fins and stuck actuator rods, all were free and clean. The actualtor for the turbo was confirmed to cycle when key turned on with no resistance, all terminals were with in resistance ranges out lined in manua.The machine was reassembled and test driven with no codes on any of the controlers. The tractor was brought back to shop today with the same code (forgot number). I don't have service advisor, but a fair amount of tests can be done from the monitor. I'm not sure where do go next? Has anyone had this problem? If so I any help would be greatly appreciated. I can post the code number tomorrow. Thanks in advance.:beatsme
Equip guy, I dont have wiring diagrams but sounds like a CAN issue. Does it have termination resitors in the CAN between vgt accuator and ECU.
No not that I can tell in the diagram. There are only 3 wires to this damn thing. They all ck out ok for continuity. The DTI harness check was good, but there are no tests for the actual VGT sensor. Sent a DTAC request and waiting to hear from Deere. The only other thing I could prob do a better job at is really clean and check all the grounds even though I did it about a month ago for a different issue. This seemed to come about after I put a new battery in it a month ago, although it is not a calibrating issue, just a communication error code.
A gommunication issue would have to involve a CAN. What was the code number? Just something else to think about, even though the wiring harness stops the circuit continues all the way the the circuit board in the ECM and the VGT module, the solder joint in either could be loose. If you only checked continuity from ECM( or what ever JD calls it) to the plug for VGT, get some wire needles and check it between ECM and where the wires enter the VTG module with the plug connected.