Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Vicon round baler problems

highlander ยท 2012-09-17 08:31

We have a Vicon RF 121 round baler. I have had trouble with it since I brought it home from the dealer. It was bough used. I was baling last saturday. The first 5 bales came out ok, but then the baler stopped tying correctly. The twine guides that move the twine across the bale stopped moving. They would start from the center of the bale, then when tying was started, they would move to the outside of the bale, the twine starts feeding and wrapping around the bale, but instead of moving across the bale, it just stays on the very edge of the bale. It will stay there until the twine ball is all used up. How do I correct this problem?

Replies4
  1. #106Pete2012-09-17 20:29

    Probably not the answer you are looking for but sell it and buy a John Deere. I have used new holland gehl heston nothing compares to the deere it starts bales good makes the tight and the tie system works good. Sorry I have not been around a Vicon so I can't help. What moves the arm Hyd or elec. I know of a new holland with electric tie that had ground issues and would not tie right untill the ground was cleaned. Good luck.

  2. #2highlander2012-09-18 07:33

    No, but that would work. Lol. It uses electric to tie. I think it is out of time or sequence.

  3. #3FarmerAlex2012-09-23 22:51

    Ok can you post a drawing of how the mechanism works? Basically a photo of the wires going into the actuator... It sounds like the twine drive works one way but doesn't reverse. A photo of the controller would also be great. It should be a fairly straight forward fix. F_A..

  4. #4roddyo2012-09-25 23:42

    How old is this baler? We had one about twenty years ago. I didn't know they still made them.