I have a john deere 644c that I'm working on. I'm have a hard time getting the timing right. I need HELP please. Thank you bill
644C timing trouble This might be of some help; there's a discussion on JD450C timing problems on the Yesterday's Tractors Site right now... it's a 450C problem, but your pump is pretty much the same one except it's a six cyl instead of a four... http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=crawlers&th=65586 srs/MN
Does anyone know how to remove the suction pipe and screen from a 644C loader? Thanks...
John Deere 644C Transmission problem I should have been more specific on my post above...The wheeled loader is a 1983 John Deere 644C..The machine won't move ahead or back until it warms up..You have to keep trying it from forward to reverse and after awhile it will start to move...We changed the two filters and put new fluid in the transmission...It helped a little, but not much...Apparently there is as screen inside a tube that plugs up in the transmission..We can't seem to see how this comes out, as there just about an inch or so clearance between where the screen comes out and the frame...Does this mean the transmission has to be moved to get this out...Thanks...
I am having the same problem with my JD 644c. It will move only slight forward or backward when it starts up. You must run it back and forth for awhile till it warms ups till something happens and it is free to move. I also have changed the transmission/steering filters and added new fluid. No change. ( Maybe worse ). Anybody have a solution?
Rogathom,,,we had a pressure test done on the machine,,and the pressure wasn't consistent....Although this problem can be caused by a plugged screen,,bad seals,charge pump and something else that I can't remember,,we put in a new charge pump and it works great now...The pump was around $1000 and we installed it ourselves....Hope you find the problem..
Hi Do you want to sell your 644c john deere loader