Anyone know the model of this wheel loader? Seller claims its a Terex, it has v6 Detroit diesel engine on it. And no brakes! Technical info of the brakes even blueprints if someone has them would be great.
The loader arms make me think it's a Clarke... not sure though.
It looks very very much like a Clark.
I did some checking online, and it is a Terex. Im not sure of the model, I have fond three that it looks like, they are #7221, #7231, and a #7241. the only thing i see that is different is the windows in the cab. it has a different set up ( 3 windows, compared to 2) Hope this helps.
a friend of my dad's had one of those years ago, it's a terex....thing i didn't like about it, you couldn't see the bucket when it was on the ground.
Do you know the model number of the beast in fotos? I've been guessing its 72-31 but I ain't sure... Are those Detroit diesels reliable? They sure sound Good :yup Are those V6 Detroit engines better than inline 6 engines? I would be very grateful for any info you or anyone else got! Terex doesn't reply my e-mails. The company that sold those machines here in Finland is long gone and history. And the all mighty internet shares very little info regarding Terex wheel loaders. I'm gonna do some yard work -using it when we're building our house and some minor jobs for friends and family and of course as a snowplow. Very light duty for that old timer.
i'm unable to tell what model it is by the pictures. detroits weren't a bad old engine if you could put up with the noise, leaking oil all over. they always started good, if you could get them to spin, give em a shot of ether, more times than not they'd take off. man, before i bought that, i'd find out what kind of issues the brakes have. i'm wondering if parts are still readily available for that machine? nothing worse than an end loader w/no brakes. there goes the side of the truck box, the landscaping, side of the barn LOL i think you'd be better off looking for an older deere or cat end loader personally
screaming detroits yee hah!!!!!!! they produce the power if ya can keep em revved up. boy would my ears ring at the end of the day on a terx scraper. it would take at least a 12 pack of bud to make it go away...lol:yup i am so glad i have matured. caterpillar equipment and no beer... well i will imbibe an occasional barley pop.
I'll bet it's a 6V53. Those things didn't do much except make NOISE!!!! They were pretty reliable, but low on power.
terex loader that machines probably got a detriot 4-71 and a allison tranny. can't kill these machines i got a newer version for snow work and next summer im considering taking the detriot out and replacing it with a cummins.
I have 2 Terex 72-31 and they look the same as this do, exept for the cab since I have swedish built cab on one, and a german cab on the other. In a 72-31 it should be a 4-71 detroit. If it´s a V6 i think it would be a 72-41. /Dennis
not sure model but we just sold one .It also had no brakes for years except the bucket . We got the brakes going just before the guy picked it up.It has air over hydraulics. start first by making sure you have air pressure .Compressor ,unloader valve (bolted on compressor),lines to tank Should run 90psi to 125psi. Your master cylinder is inside frame near compressor .Hydraulic lines are tee'd to go to each wheel .There should be two wheel cylinders at each wheel.They will have to be free to move,not siezed .there will be a bleeder screw on every cylinder .Good luck finding parts .The engine was a 6v53 .This loader was a beast .It once loaded a dead D-8 on to a float . I miss it already,
yes, I also think it is terex wheel loader but I do not know the model number.
Terex Look's like the 72-40 Euclid my dad once had.It had the 6v53 Detroit engine for power.Have seen a few of them with updated brake systems in the master cylinder area,not sure about the wheel cylinders though.Strong,loud and slow,but sometimes that's a good thing. That is sure a different looking cab than what we had over here.Our's had a wedge shaped front with a support dead center.Loaded trucks in the pit with one during my summer holidays from school when I was 16.With trucks on by the ton/mile,there was a learning experience.:canada Dominion
This my be a few years late but if you are still interested it is a Terex 72-30. I know because I own one and the original decal numbers are still attached.
Well, If that loader has an v6 detroit it is an 72-40, and it's not an Terex but an Euclid. That model was discontinued when the name change was done in -68 or -69 i think.