Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 6466T fuel injectors/pump

fast_st ยท 2018-10-17 08:36

So have been chasing oil leaks on the 644E loader, there is one leak on the throttle shaft and well, I like to try and keep the oil on the inside and the dirt on the outside. My thought is to send the pump and injectors off to boston fuel injection to get a tune up, its a 25000 hour machine and have no idea how many hours on any of the components I haven't personally replaced. It starts and runs dandy but when its cold it starts on progressively more cylinders until its running, The blowby is fairly constant and not what I'd call excessive from the vent line on the engine. Also planning on fixing all the missing line spacers and brackets and change out a couple damaged injection lines at the same time. I've worked with BFI in the past and they seem reasonable but open to other options, figure it can't hurt to give it a checkup. Next year I'd like to yank the engine out, hoping the baby kubota can lift it in order to replace the rear main seal or have it replaced. Figure that's an afternoon job.

Replies4
  1. #1thepumpguysc2018-10-18 05:13

    The throttle shaft leak is real easy to fix.. depending on the pump model & age, its either an oring or a press-in seal.. both of which can be change on the machine..

  2. #2fast_st2018-10-18 06:03

    Is it worthwhile to have the injectors and pump cleaned and adjusted? I wouldn't say it runs rough but it could be a little more smooth.

  3. #3thepumpguysc2018-10-18 07:41

    Sure, IF you have a "spare" grand laying around.. & don't need the machine for a couple of weeks. I would call & ask them about the turn around time on a "Bosch "A" pump w/ an RSV governor".. WITH injectors.. Tell them>> it runs rough & has an oil leak at the throttle shaft.. IF you STRESS that you need the machine, most fuel shops will put u infront.. Good luck.

  4. #4joe--h2018-10-19 19:47

    So why aren't you sending it to thepumpguysc? He needs the $ so he can buy a camera to take some pictures of his imaginary shop. Joe H