Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 650K VCu

Robert Rdz ยท 2024-09-24 18:13

I have a John Deere 650K SN 1T0650KKCNF429168 that has the stored code VCU 004089.04 Hydraulic system pressure sensor fault and throws it twice a day. It is under the service code and it is not a stop code does anyone have any idea what can cause this?

Replies3
  1. #1mg23612024-09-25 05:31

    Most likely a wiring/connection issue. That circuit runs through multiple connectors, so corrosion/looseness could be an issue. An .04 code indicates voltage out of range low and the code indicates it is the 5 volt reference (P081 Red wire) that is low. To me, that indicates a short to ground, either in the wiring, or the sensor itself.

  2. #2Robert Rdz2024-09-25 08:07

    Do you think that it could be the sensor? I will look over the wiring.

  3. #3mg23612024-09-25 11:48

    I can't answer that. Testing has to be done to determine that.