Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 650LGP w/joystick

ispeedalot ยท 2012-05-24 09:18

Thank you for providing a location to come look at others interests, problems and victories with heavy equipment. I need to get info, advice and other resources that may be available on a John Deere dozer I have that is acting up. While either pushing or just tracking forward the left track will suddenly go reverse. It has a code 645 displayed all the time on the dash and when I retrieve codes it has the code associated with the left rear speed sensor. I went through diagnostic steps supplied from JD and replaced pump speed sensor and lr speed sensor and ran through recalibration procedure. Symptom still present at random and when it occurs I can sometimes turn power switch off and wait 30 seconds, turn it back on and machine will track fine again. Sometimes it won't. It will also display other codes at random and in my experience when this is going on after verifying grounds and no fraying on harness anywhere the computer should be considered suspect. After having the dozer at the local dealer for 6 weeks and them replacing the same sensors I have already replaced along with the PCP linkages, they seem to have come to the same conclusion(they say it needs a computer). So now the bill is over $3000 and they tell me the computer is $3000. Can somebody please give me info on where I can have the computer repaired or replaced with a known good used one. I used to send automotive computers out for repair but they are no longer in business(guy died). Since I am not made of gold but would like to keep the unit going, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Replies1
  1. #1Bluetop Man2012-05-24 12:57

    Related thread: