Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need D3G XL help.

DigDug ยท 2012-05-24 21:45

I have a 2002 D3G XL that I have owned since new. Machine has been bullet proof and always works great. Presently it has sat for about 1 month or more. Went to move it and it will not respond to me moving the joystick forward and backward. Starts and runs excellent , but nothing from the joystick. No forward , backward , rt turn , left turn , or horn. I have looked at all the fuses in panel and dont see any obvious problems yet. Has anyone had this problem ? OR know of a common problem / fix for this? THank you, doug

Replies9
  1. #1d9gdon2012-05-24 21:59

    There was an update on them cause the screws would fall out of the joystick underneath the rubber boot. You might check there. After thinking a little, are you sure the brake is releasing? That would cause that and the switches would go out sometimes. That would be more common.

  2. #2DigDug2012-05-24 22:33

    All my screws were in tight on rubber boot. When I release the parking brake button the light on dash goes off like its suppose to. I think brake is released , because I can roll the dozer for and aft a little with the blade. Im wondering if theres is a bad electrical part/box under the joystick? THanks for your response. doug

  3. #3FUJINAMI12932012-05-25 03:46

    I had this problem on a Deere 750j I ran I had blade control parking brake was off but no forward reverse control. I fixed this by placing the dozer in forward and turning the Throttle up and down multiple times than finnaly the dozer jolted forwards and everything worked great after hope this helps good luck

  4. #4Nige2012-05-25 07:05

    Do you have any Diagnostic Codes showing..?

  5. #5d9gdon2012-05-25 08:46

    I meant that there is a switch underneath the joystick handle. You have to take the rubber boot off to get to it.

  6. #6DigDug2012-05-25 22:27

    THank you very much for the suggestions. I will try them all. I do not have a code reader . Will be back in touch after I try some more.

  7. #7Nige2012-05-26 08:30

    There is a way to get codes without a code reader, just needs a couple of loops of wire. If you want it please PM me an e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

  8. #8DigDug2012-05-27 19:57

    Hi Nige, I just PM'd you my email address. Thanks ,doug

  9. #9DigDug2012-05-29 20:15

    Thanks everyone it is all running and working. I think it was mostly the decelarator pedal stuck down a little and I wasnt reving it enough to make it move. Also the parking brake could have been a little stuck from sitting. I gave it a nudge with a loader and could see the track roll. Got on it and revved it up a bit and it started moving. Been working it for a couple of hours , and it works great. Thanks again. doug