G'day forum, I have just started operating a 670 GP. It has over 12,000 hours on it, but it is a very tidy machine. I would like anyone's thoughts, good or bad, about these graders. It is made in the U.S. It has the 9 litre engine in it that does not run Adblue. A new John Deer 670 GP sold in Australia is identical to the one that I am operating. We use UTS and GPS and I have also trimmed with string line as well, this is depending on the clients requirements. I find the 670 GP a very smooth grader to operate. I must say I am liking it more than my Caterpillar 12H series 2. Please post any comments. Kind regards, WILDCAT
A lot of times it's just operator preference with a grader. With a used grader on a smaller budget I got a Champion. They seem to be pretty good value for the money. A comparable Cat would probably have cost 2 1/2 to 3 times as much. A JD less than Cat but I'd guess about double. Nothing wrong with Champion and some users prfered them.