I have a 670GLC with 1870hrs that is going thru a set of filters every 200 to 250 hours. the machine is working hard in blasted grey granite 10 hours a day and burning 120 to 140 gallons per day. my fuel trucks are clean, sent out a sample of fuel from the machine be analyzed that came back good, no water or dirt in filter bowls. could it be that these filters can only handle a certain amount of gallons to be put thru them? service interval is 500hours according to deere. thank you in advance for any insight.
Well, what's in em??? Have you taken any of the old plugged filters apart to try to identify the dirt? Either rinse the media in solvent and let it settle, or cut a section of pleats and squeeze it in a vice, then examine.
Do you have algae in your fuel system? This can clog filters every 200 hours. Usually its visible in the filters though. Biobor sells products to test for the algae and to eliminate it. I spoke to a farmer once who had good luck using these products. http://www.biobor.com/products/
I am not finding anything in the filters, but I will try crushing it in the vise next time. I had not considered algae because the fuel sample came back clean but that's not saying they test for that so ill get a test kit and try it. thanks for the suggestions guys
Check for an inline strainer before the filters We had one that was filled with crud and it was causing lots of grief
Did you pull the sample from the bottom of the tank?
teir 3 isuzu's are doing the same. do a 500hr service and bring an extra set of fuel filters every time.