Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC240B High Voltage Error Code 21

Mgaiser ยท 2015-08-10 23:03

Recently my 240 started displaying ER21 which I have learned is a "Voltage" Error. The LED readout on the panel says that the voltage is 38v (give or take a volt). Obviously well above the 24-28v range that it normally is. The Volvo dealer has told me that it could be a major problem and high voltage like that could burn out one of the computers (Ecu) and not to run it. I had the guys swap out the batteries because that is pretty simple and inexpensive, but it didn't change. Could this be a bad alternator? What would cause such high voltage? Thanks! -Matt

Replies4
  1. #1Steve 6502015-08-16 22:42

    alternator

  2. #2DOUAHCHIA2023-12-27 17:02

    Volvo ec240B. drive.google.com

  3. #3DOUAHCHIA2023-12-27 17:05
  4. #4uffex2023-12-29 04:14

    Good day & welcome I suggest you get the alternator checked out. Kind regards Uffex