Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 690e lc

Degolyerent · 2021-10-04 04:23

Does anyone have knowledge of adjustment for electronic fuel controller? The machine is throttling up and down

Replies15
  1. #1mg23612021-10-04 05:29

    Throttle control linkage worn? Air in the fuel? Filters changed? You are talking about engine surge (hunt) right?

  2. #2Degolyerent2021-10-04 18:42

    I will check those items first. Thank you for your quick reply!

  3. #3Degolyerent2021-10-04 18:45
  4. #4Degolyerent2021-10-04 18:48

    I checked the filter and changed it and worked the throttle by hand and it ran smoothly. Linkage is all in place as it should be but it still hunts.

  5. #5mg23612021-10-05 05:16

    Hunts at idle only? Fast idle only? Any set rpm?

  6. #6Degolyerent2021-10-05 05:27

    All settings except idle

  7. #7mg23612021-10-05 05:30

    I would then check fuel pressure. Sounds like the fuel delivery might not keep up with demand.

  8. #8Degolyerent2021-10-05 06:24
  9. #9Degolyerent2021-10-05 06:27

    It runs smoothly at higher rpm if you work throttle by hand. That is why I think it may be in electronic fuel controller. I don’t know how to test or adjust it.

  10. #10mg23612021-10-05 12:04

    The engine has a mechanical injection pump, so no electronic control of fuel delivery. Only control is a throttle actuator. Is the throttle lever on the injection pump moving back and forth when it is hunting?

  11. #11Degolyerent2021-10-05 12:31

    Yes it is

  12. #12mg23612021-10-06 05:29

    I PM'd you.

  13. #13Degolyerent2021-10-07 07:16

    Thanks for everything you have done. We used the bypass function on the hydraulic block where the 2 solenoids are and it ran perfectly but at a fast pace. Now what function we had on the panel has been lost. It no longer is able to change modes and just is at a low idle. We would like to test the solenoid. Do you know how many ohms we should have? Is it possible to swap wires from one solenoid to the other to see if function returns to the panel? We have ordered the tech manual book this morning. Thanks again for all you do.

  14. #14mg23612021-10-07 12:01

    Provide a picture of the solenoid you want the spec for. If you are talking about the 2 solenoids where the bypass valve is at they have nothing to do with your panel. They are for the propel speed change and the swing brake (both of them are spec'd at 30 +/- 2 ohms).

  15. #15Degolyerent2021-10-12 05:14

    I want to thank you for your help on this repair. I bought the test manual and the tech manuals on thumb drive and found my problem. The engine speed actuator solenoid did not ohm out correctly.